Tuesday 14 January 2014

HIS FRIEND RIO FERDINAND TRIED TO PERSUADE HIM

HIS FRIEND RIO FERDINAND TRIED TO PERSUADE HIM

Ronaldo: "I did think about United. They are still in my heart"

Ronaldo: I did think about United. They are still in my heart
01/14/2014
Cristiano Ronaldo - who overcame Lionel Messi and Frank Ribery in Zurich last night to claim his second Ballon d'Or - has admitted that last summer he considered the possibility of leaving Real Madrid for Manchester United, where he played between 2003 and 2009. "I did think about United. They are still in my heart. It's a club where I played for six years and I love that club. I have a lot of friends there and I wish them the best ", the striker is reported to have said by the British press agency PA.
 
It was the insistence of his former teammate, and current 'Red Devils' centre back, Rio Ferdinand - who continually called him to try and persuade him to exchange the Santiago Bernabéu for Old Trafford - that caused him to consider the option of returning to the English team, prior to renewing his contract with 'Los Blancos' last September. "It was true that Rio spoke to me a lot. Rio is a great friend of mine, we played many years together at Manchester United and we were neighbours when I was there in Manchester. He's a fantastic guy and tried to change my mind", said the 28-year-old Portuguese.
Prior to finding out the verdict last night, the English defender expressed his support for Ronaldo on his twitter account. "If @Cristiano doesn't win the Ballon D'or tonight…..I will run down the street butt naked! Won't be a great sight I tell ya!! Come on CR7!", he joked. Later in the night he maintained his humorous side whilst congratulating the Portuguese. "Well done @Cristiano on ya 2nd BallondOr....well deserved. Hard work pays off 100%. All them hours I spent showing u how to shoot etc!", he quipped

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.