Thursday 30 January 2014

Affleck responds to backlash over Batman casting

image
In an interview with Playboy, Hollywood star Ben Affleck said he would not have agreed to play Batman in ‘Man of Steel 2’ if he thought the role wasn’t perfect for him.
Speaking to Playboy, Affleck said, “I understand I'm at a disadvantage with the internet. If I thought the result would be another Daredevil, I'd be out there picketing myself. [laughs] Why would I make the movie if I didn't think it was going to be good and that I could be good in it?”
The ‘Argo’ star, who faced major online backlash over his casting as batman, will portray ”older and wiser” version of the caped crusader in ‘Batman vs Superman’.
The 41-year-old actor said he was initially reluctant to take on the highly-coveted role but changed his mind after seeing what director Zack Synder was doing.
"When they asked if I would be Batman, I told them I didn't see myself in the role and I was going to have to beg off. They said I'd fit well into how they were going to approach the character and asked me to look at what the writer-director, Zack Snyder, was doing. The stuff was incredible,” Affleck told the magazine.
“It was a unique take on Batman that was still consistent with the mythology. It made me excited. All of a sudden I had a reading of the character. When people see it, it will make more sense than it does now or even than it did to me initially.”
When asked about how his character will be different from Christian Bale and Chris Nolan’s version, he said, “i don't want to give away too much, but the idea for the new Batman is to redefine him in a way that doesn't compete with the Bale and Chris Nolan Batman but still exists within the Batman canon. It will be an older and wiser version, particularly as he relates to Henry Cavill's Superman character”.
The highly-anticipated, film will also feature Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, while Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman. The film is expected to release in May, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.