Friday 30 May 2014

Di Maria: My future lies in Real Madrid's hands

Di Maria: My future lies in Real Madrid's hands
The Argentina international has revealed that a summer transfer could be an option, admitting that he will not have the final say on whether he stays in the Spanish capital
Angel Di Maria has claimed that several clubs are interested in signing him this summer, but has stressed that his future lies in Real Madrid's hands.

The Argentina international has been in sublime form this term - playing a major role in the Spanish side's successful Champions League and Copa del Rey campaigns, and his good performances haven't gone unnoticed elsewhere.

The 26-year-old has been linked with a number of Premier League clubs, but he has made it clear that he is happy to stay at his current club so long as he's wanted at the Santiago Bernabeu.

"I am not going to lie, I know that there are clubs that want to sign me and can match Real Madrid's demands. But that's up to my representatives and the club. I will stay if the club wants me to stay," Di Maria told Marca.

"I am not thinking about my future now. We will see what Madrid have in mind, whether they want me to stay or leave. 

"I am happy at Madrid. I had a great season and always had everybody's support. But sometimes you don't have a choice, even when you want to stay put yourself."

Di Maria was allegedly close to leaving Madrid last summer, but coach Carlo Ancelotti eventually convinced him to stay put as he still had a role to play at the Bernabeu.

"Many things have been said about me. Sometimes it hurts when you see all the rumours that you are leaving. These are difficult moments for a player. I remained calm, though.

"I spoke with Ancelotti last summer. I wanted to stay put and he wanted me to stay as well. He told me that he counted on me and it was up to me from there on. 

"I have grown a lot under Ancelotti. He got the best out of me. Things have gone well and I made the right decision to stay."

Di Maria is under contract with Madrid until June 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.