Saturday 31 May 2014

David Luiz: It's official, I'm a PSG player

David Luiz: It's official, I'm a PSG player
The French club have agreed to pay Chelsea £40m to acquire the Brazil international and he has now revealed the deal is complete, while also praising team-mate Thiago Silva
David Luiz has suggested that his move to Paris Saint-Germain from Chelsea is official and says he is excited to begin life in Ligue 1.

The French club struck a €49 million deal with the Blues – a world-record for a defender – last week and Luiz has now revealed he is excited to begin the next chapter of his career in the French capital, having already said his goodbye to Stamford Bridge supporters.

Get Adobe Flash player
CHELSEA LATEST
"Yes, this is a new stage in my life, a new project in a new country with a new language," he told L'Equipe. "I was very happy at Chelsea, I won major titles, I made friends, I gained everybody’s respect, but I think I have come to the end of a cycle.

"I will now begin another in Paris after the World Cup. I am very pleased, it will be announced when the transfer window opens and all documents will be finalised, but we can now talk and confirm that everything is okay. It's official: I'm joining PSG and I'll be very happy.

"As I often say, I am privileged; I have played at big clubs in beautiful cities,” he added. “I'll have an opportunity to discover more with Paris Saint-Germain in Paris.

"I cannot complain, I have to enjoy it and represent PSG as best I can. I will try to achieve our goals, win titles, and show who I really am. This is what I want for my future at PSG."

Luiz will play alongside Brazil team-mate Thiago Silva in the PSG defence – a factor he admits influenced his decision to leave London.

"Of course he influenced my decision! Thiago is a great friend, a great player but you know I didn’t even need to clarify that.

"He is someone I get on really well with, and has been a mate since the first time we met at the national team. He is very friendly, he has a big heart, he is humble and has the same dreams as me... the only problem is that I'm going to spend more time with him than with my family!

"It's fantastic to work with a player of his talent every day, especially when he is such a wonderful person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.