Saturday 24 May 2014

Courtois: I don't have an emotional connection with Chelsea

Courtois: I don't have an emotional connection with Chelsea
The Belgian has spent the last three seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid but insists he is not seen as a stop-gap player by the fans or his team-mates at Vicente Calderon
Thibaut Courtois insists he does not "have an emotional connection" with Chelsea and says he is keen to remain at Atletico Madrid.

The Belgian , who has spent the past three seasons on loan at Vicente Calderon, is currently preparing to face Real Madrid in the Champions League final, having played a key part in the elimination of his parent club in the semi-finals.

Tweet Fernando Morientes & Luis Garcia!
Send your questions to former Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes via @Heineken using#sharethesofa on Saturday
And Courtois claims he is not seen as a "loan player" by his team-mates, but believes it will be difficult to convince Chelsea to let him stay in Spain for the 2014-15 campaign.

"The fans and my team-mates at Atletico do not see me as a loan player," Courtois told Sport Bild.

"I do not have an emotional connection with Chelsea. They only signed me for €9 million back in 2011. But I have only been to London to undergo a medical.

"Chelsea were already reluctant to send me out on loan last year, but I really wanted to stay with Atletico.

"Everything will start all over again after this season and it will be even more difficult to come to a satisfactory decision."

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.