Tuesday 15 October 2013

Jovetic: I never wanted Juventus move

Manchester forward Stevan Jovetic
The attacker says that while there were talks with the Bianconeri, he had his heart set on leaving Fiorentina for a side overseas
Manchester City forward Stevan Jovetic has refuted claims that he wanted to move to Juventus during the transfer window.

The Montenegro international, 23, was heavily linked with a move to the Serie A champions during the summer, but eventually left Fiorentina for the Etihad instead.

Jovetic has admitted that talks took place with the Bianconeri, but he has stressed that he was not seeking a move to Turin.

"I never said I wanted Juventus," Jovetic was quoted as saying by Tuttosport. "It is true that there was a negotiation. But I chose to go abroad."
Jovetic then went on to back his former team to claim a Champions League spot this season, despite an indifferent start that has seen them drop nine points in the league.

"I am continuing to follow Fiorentina. I have many friends in Florence," he explained.

"They have been a bit unlucky at the start of the season, but even though it will be tough, I think they can still reach the Champions League.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.