Wednesday 9 October 2013

I’m not the same as before: Suarez

"I am very selfcritical and I realised that playing well is helping me a lot. I realise and I prefer to continue and not be the same as before," Liverpool striker Luis Suarez. PHOTO: FILE
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez insists that his troubles are now past him and he has come back after suspension with a calmer approach to his game, according to Sky Sports.
The controversial striker has already netted three goals in two English Premier League matches since his return from serving a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic last season.
“I am aware that in the recent matches I played, I’ve been calmer,” he said. “I am very self-critical and I realised that playing well, with more tranquillity, is helping me a lot. I realise and I prefer to continue and not be the same as before.”
Suarez also acknowledged that club captain Steven Gerrard and the Anfield faithful compelled him to stay at the club after a summer when he had been heavily linked with a move away from Liverpool.
“Gerrard, for me, is a legend in Liverpool and a great teammate who helped me a lot,” he added.
“His attitude was an extra boost for me to take the decision to stay in Liverpool; both he and the fans of Liverpool influenced much for that.
“I admire him for the great player he is worldwide. For me he will always be a benchmark and at club level he is the best player I have played with in my career, as a person and as a footballer.”
The Uruguayan international’s Liverpool career has been blighted with controversial events. He was also banned for eight matches after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.