Sunday 6 October 2013

I’m not fit enough for 90 minutes, warns Bayern Munich star Gotze


I’m not fit enough for 90 minutes, warns Bayern Munich star Gotze
Bayern Munich midfielder Mario Gotze warns that he is not yet ready to complete a full 90 minutes after making his return from injury.
The 21-year-old had been out of action since picking up an ankle problem in the European Super Cup win over Chelsea but came on as a substitute in Wednesday's Champions League win over Manchester City.
Gotze has also been called up by Joachim Low for Germany's final two World Cup qualifying matches in October but, while he is thrilled to be back, the former Borussia Dortmund man stresses that he still has some way to go before he reaches full fitness.
'I still don't have the strength for 90 minutes. I've only been training for half the week. It was not so intensive,' the €37 million (£31.3m) man told Bild.
'I hope there will be more and more minutes. It's been nearly five months during which I've had no rhythm. I'm therefore delighted I can play again.'
Gotze is in line to make his third Bundesliga appearance of the season at Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.