Tuesday 14 October 2014

Suarez: Barcelona Clasico debut is fate

The attacker is eagerly anticipating the match against Madrid and is in awe of team-mates Lionel Messi, Neymar, Xavi and Andres Iniesta
Luis Suarez believes it's fate that he could make his Barcelona debut in the Liga match against arch-rivalsReal Madrid on October 25.
The Uruguay international will be available for selection again when his four-month ban expires on October 24 and he thinks it's no coincidence that he could take on Madrid on his maiden appearance for the Catalans.
"You know, I’m the kind of person who believes that things happen for a reason, and out of all 19 teams in the league, it’s precisely against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu that I’ll make my comeback. There must be a reason," Suarez told Barca Magazine.
"I imagine what it’ll be like to pull on the shirt, to be with the rest of the team in the dressing room before the match, getting kitted up to play, and as chance would have it, in such a stadium. It’s a huge coincidence but I’m looking forward to the experience.
"It hasn’t sunk in yet. I don’t believe it’s true yet. I did play 15 minutes in the 6-0 Gamper win over Leon, but to be honest, it felt like I was a guest player. I didn’t really feel like a Barca player. I’d only just arrived in time for the Gamper and I was still a bit nervous."
Attackers such as David Villa and Thierry Henry struggled at Camp Nou as they had to settle for a position on the wing rather than their preferred No.9 position, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic also failed to make an impact at Barcelona.
Nevertheless, Suarez does not fear that he will encounter similar problems and is ready to play wherever head coach Luis Enrique needs him.
"Some people see me as a centre-forward and others as a forward, but even if I play at centre forward I never stay there all the time. I’m always moving around and don’t like to be still.
"When we have the ball, I like to move all around the attack. I don’t just want to be in the area. But you have to listen to what the coach wants and asks for and try to help the team however you can.
"What a striker likes best is to score goals and doing that depends on their quality, their confidence, their instinct at the right time, opportunism. But a striker is also a team member and in my case I also like making nice moves and providing passes for my colleagues to score.
"Although some people might not believe it, there are strikers who prefer to set up a goal for a team-mate if they are better positioned. In the teams I’ve played for, I’ve always tried to help not only with goals but also with assists."
The Uruguay star also had his say on the quality of his team-mates and admitted that he is thoroughly impressed by what Lionel Messi, Neymar, Xavi and Andres Iniesta are capable of.
"The quality of the players here is incredible. It’s admirable. You watch the games and see how good the players are and training with them confirms what you’ve seen in those matches.
"To see the passes that players like Leo, Neymar, Xavi and Iniesta make! They’re all top quality players and when you think it’d be impossible for them to make a pass, you are stunned to see that they do.
"Sharing training and day-to-day life with those people is spectacular."

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.