Friday 24 October 2014

Robben: There is no chance I'll leave Bayern

Robben: There is no chance I'll leave Bayern

The former Real Madrid winger says he is perfectly settled at the Allianz Arena and is not convinced he is in the form of his life at present
Arjen Robben says there "is not even a one per cent" chance of him leaving Bayern Munich in the foreseeable future.
The Dutchman is rated among the very best players in the footballing world having fired the Bavarians to the Champions League in 2013 and played a starring role in their record-breaking 2013-14 campaign.
His success at the Allianz Arena means he feels perfectly settled and the 30-year-old is adamant he has no desire to move on from Pep Guardiola's side.
"I am 30 now, it is not like I want to go to a new league," Robben told The Daily Telegraph. "I have been in England, I have been in Spain, so I don’t have that desire, but that is all to do with the club I am with now.
"I am 100 per cent convinced I will stay here for a very long time. I am enjoying it so much in Germany. It is the perfect club with the perfect coach for me.
"My family is happy, we have lived here for five years and I am exactly at the place I want to be. It cannot be better than it is at the moment, so you don’t need to have thoughts about other clubs and other leagues.
"If you see me again in three years in the Premier League, then who knows, but at the moment, there is not even one per cent of me thinking about going to England or anywhere."
Many believe the 30-year-old is in the prime of his already-illustrious career, but the former Real Madrid and Chelsea winger is unsure if his lack of injuries have accentuated his quality.
"People asked me last season, and during the World Cup, whether this was the best I have been in my career, but I don’t know sometimes," he added.
"I don’t get that kind of feeling, but maybe it is for others on the outside to judge. It is maybe more noticeable now because I am playing well over a longer period.
“Before, I would do well for three or four months, maybe play even better, but then there would be an injury and you have to come back again. But now, being fit continually, I can keep my level and that means you can enjoy your football more."
Robben starred in midweek for Bayern as they thrashed Champions League group-stage rivals Roma 7-1 in Italy and the attacker believes it may have been the best performance since he arrived in Germany from Real Madrid five years ago.
"Everything we did Roma didn’t have an answer for and, yes, we scored some great goals too," he continued. "Everybody expected a difficult game, but it was remarkable, also for Roma and their fans.
"It was one big surprise because, after 35 minutes, it was already 5-0, which was quite impressive I think. Maybe it is the best we have played, but we have had so many great 
games
, especially the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona, home and away, in 2013."

Bayern are back in action on Sunday with a trip to second-placed Borussia Monchengladbach, who could reduce the deficit at the top of the Bundesliga to one point with a win.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.