Monday 24 November 2014

Dortmund stopped me joining Real Madrid - Gundogan

Dortmund stopped me joining Real Madrid - GundoganThe midfielder is determined to recapture his top form following his injury nightmare and has his eyes set on a move to a major club in England or Spain
Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan has revealed the club once turned down a transfer bid fromReal Madrid.
The Germany international became one of the hottest properties in Europe in the 2012-13 season thanks to his performances both in the Bundesliga and Dortmund's run to the Champions League final.
A back injury has since blighted his career, with Gundogan forced to miss most of the last 18 months of football, including Germany's successful campaign at the World Cup this summer.
However, the 24-year-old is determined to recapture the form that led Madrid to make a move for his services and says his heart is set on joining a major club in England or Spain in future.
"Real Madrid made a bid but my club didn't want to accept it. I was under contract for two more years," he told TRT.
"My injury broke my plans. I didn't play for 14 months. Now I want to make up for this time with success. One day, I'll leave here, I want to play for one of the big teams in Spain or England."
Gundogan is also desperate to enjoy success at Euro 2016 after missing out on Brazil this summer and says he still hopes to get his hands on the World Cup trophy.
"I was not supposed to be injured for the World Cup. I would have been in the first XI," he said.
"We were very good and it went to plan. I'm sad I didn't realise my dream but I have Euro 2016 in front of me. I want to add a World Cup in my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.