Monday 15 September 2014

I was never going to join Manchester United - Muller

I was never going to join Manchester United - Muller
The 25-year-old had an impressive World Cup with Germany but, despite rumours linking him away from Bayern Munich, he insists he was always happy at the club
Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller claims his rumoured transfer to Manchester United was never realistic.

The World Cup winner was linked with a move to Old Trafford in the summer and a possible reunion with former coach Louis van Gaal. But, in an interview with The Guardian, Muller explained it was always unlikely.

"I know there was interest, but Man United were interested in a lot of players this summer," he said.

"It never really got anywhere because I had just renewed my contract [until 2019], and Bayern were clear that they saw my future here. The decision for me was an easy one."

Muller was involved as Bayern beat Stuttgart 2-0 on Saturday to continue their unbeaten start to the new Bundesliga season.

United ultimately secured the signing of striker Radamel Falcao on transfer deadline day to bolster their attacking options, with the Colombian poised to make his Old Trafford debut against QPR on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.