Saturday 16 August 2014

Mourinho: I'm not thinking about Cech's Chelsea future

Mourinho: I'm not thinking about Cech's Chelsea futureThe Blues boss says there have been no offers for the Czech and he welcomes the selection headache Thibaut Courtois's return has triggered
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has rubbished suggestions there have already been bids for Petr Cech but admits he has yet to tell the squad who the first-choice goalkeeper will be this season.

Cech, who has been the Blues' first-choice shot-stopper for a decade, faces fresh competition for a starting berth from Thibaut Courtois, who has at last returned from his three season-long loan spell at Atletico Madrid.

The Belgian's presence has thrown Cech's future into doubt, with Goal understanding he will be allowed to leave Stamford Bridge this summer, and Mourinho is not ready to consider the prospect of the Czech leaving until a bid has been made.

"In this moment I don't want to think about it because there is no offer, there is no possibility," said the Chelsea boss when asked if Cech's time at Stamford Bridge could be over.

"I'm working with them and I told them as a group today that every one of my players in the squad I'm happy to have. I'm not waiting for anything. It's not good to analyse something that is not on the table."

On the subject of who his No.1 will be against Burnley, he added: "I don't tell you because they don't know. The keepers don't know and the team doesn't know and they will know at the same time, all of them. 

"In my opinion Chelsea has two of the three best goalkeepers in the world. This is unique. Is this [choosing between them] a problem for me? A great problem. 

"They are both fantastic goalkeepers, even [Mark] Schwarzer, obviously in a different age and a different level at this moment. To have Cech and Courtois is a good problem."

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.