Sunday 9 February 2014

Arjun to be seen as a kabaddi player in Tevar

Arjun said it is unfortunate that kabaddi is not given the importance it deserves in the country. PHOTO: FILE
Bollywood’s rising star Arjun Kapoor, who made our hearts skip a beat (read:pareshan) with his rugged bad-boy looks in Ishaqzaade, will now put a smile on our faces with his role as a fun loving, kabaddi (wrestling) player in his forthcoming film Tevar.
“My character is that of a college student who is also a kabaddi player. He is passionate about the sport,” Arjun said. The young hunk said that it is unfortunate that kabaddi is not given the importance it deserves in the country, according to the Indian Express.
“We have made certain alterations to the original film because we have to play to a bigger spectrum of audience,” shared Arjun.
Speaking about his character, he further said, “Circumstances lead [my character] to go on the run with a girl. He is mad and eccentric.”
“It is completely different from the angry image people seem to have about me. It is an action film, but I am [portrayed as] a fun-loving boy. It is about an ordinary boy and an extraordinary situation. It is too early to speak [more] about it.”
The actor, whose upcoming film Gunday has everyone talking, learnt kabaddi to get the feel of his character. “I had a bad injury and I was resting a lot in December, but I did a bit of preparation and met a few kabaddi players. They have taught me the basics of the sport,” he said.
Although kabaddi is not the running theme of the film, it has been incorporated into Arjun’s character to make it unique.
He also gave a scoop on his look in the film. “I have coloured my hair [for the look]. My stubble is heavier in the film as well,” he said, adding that he would also be seen wearing an earring.
Produced by Arjun’s father, Boney Kapoor, Tevar is a remake of Telegu action film Okkadu. The film will also star Sonakshi Sinha and will be directed by debutante Amit Sharma.
The actor shared that he is happy to work with his father. “This is a lifelong dream of mine. He is not making a film for me, but a film [of the kind that] he loves making. This is his kind of cinema,” he said.
All we can say is, Fubu, you are fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your precious time and feedback.